This Week in Events
Thursday, September 13
• The 7th grade Cubs football team will play the Windthorst Trojans at 4:30 p.m. in Windthorst, Texas.
• The 8th grade Cubs football team will play the Windthorst Trojans at 5:30 p.m. in Windthorst, Texas.
• The Junior Varsity Cubs football team will play the Electra Tigers at 6:30 p.m. in Electra, Texas.
Friday, September 14
• The Texas A&M Agril Life Extension’s Food Preservation Class continues, with this month’s theme of vegetables. Classes are held at North Central Texas College’s cafeteria in Graham, Texas from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost is $30 per class. To purchase tickets to the event, visit www.food_pressept.eventbrite.com. For more information, call 940-549-0737.
• The Varsity Cubs football team will play the Electra Tigers at 7 p.m. at Cub Stadium in Olney, Texas.
Saturday, September 15
• The Friends of Fort Belknap’s Second Saturday Living History Program continues, with this month’s theme of food preservation. The program will include lessons on period food preservation techniques used before widespread refrigeration, and a hands-on demonstration of steps for preservation in drying vegetables, smoking meats and pickling. The program is held in Fort Belknap, Texas from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Youth program is from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The program is open to all ages and the cost is $3 per person. For more information, contact Jim or Amber Hammond by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, 940-846-3222.
• The Junior High Cubs Cross Country Team will hold a meet at Cub Stadium in Olney, Texas.
• The High School Cubs Cross Country Team will hold a meet at Cub Stadium in Olney, Texas.
• Graham Regional Theatre presents “Romeo & Juliet”, a play written by William Shakespeare and directed by Erin Cawley. The play will be performed at The Perry theatre at 521 Elm Street in Graham, Texas, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. For tickets and additional information, call 940-532-1252.