House fire leaves Olney home in ashes
A Monday morning fire left an Olney home in ruins despite the efforts of the Olney Volunteer Fire Department.
Olney firefighters, police officers and other emergency personnel arrived at a home on the 500 block of Bloodworth to find the home completely engulphed in flames, resulting in a total loss of the structure.
Police Chief Barry Roberts said the resident suffered non-life threatening burns.
The Clothes Closet and Discount Tabacco Store on Main Street has a donation can, raising funds to assist the homeowner, near its main register.