• Olney Volunteer Fire Department firefighters battle a blaze on the 500 block of Bloodworth Tuesday morning. Angela Stephens/Enterprise

House fire leaves Olney home in ashes

A Monday morning fire left an Olney home in ruins despite the efforts of the Olney Volunteer Fire Department.

Olney firefighters, police officers and other emergency personnel arrived at a home on the 500 block of Bloodworth to find the home completely engulphed in flames, resulting in a total loss of the structure.

Police Chief Barry Roberts said the resident suffered non-life threatening burns.

The Clothes Closet and Discount Tabacco Store on Main Street has a donation can, raising funds to assist the homeowner, near its main register.

The Olney Enterprise

213 E. Main St.
PO Box 577

Olney, Texas 76374


Phone: (940) 564-5558

Fax: (940) 564-3992