Hamilton Hospital shares COVID Update
Olney Hamilton Hospital CEO Mike Huff and Board President Dale Lovett responded to the article published in the May 21 issue of Olney Enterprise that referenced an employee’s concerns about the hospital’s compliance and safety standards. Mr. Huff said they are unable to comment on personnel issues., but he did agree to provide a list of safety measures and guidelines that ensure the safety of all who enter the facilities.
With COVID-19 at the forefront of many discussions, the hospital reassures that they are taking the necessary precautions to protect the patients and staff. According to the hospital, the following safety guidelines are in place 24 hours a day.
“- Our hospital and clinics have implemented aggressive safety measures for your protection.
- COVID screenings on all staff and patients and visitors;
- One visitor per day at OHH;
No accompanied patients when possible at clinic;
- Protective masks are worn by all staff and patients who are ill who enter the facility;
- Isolation of any patient exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19;
- Social distancing is a priority;
- Limited seating in waiting areas;
- Frequent sanitation of areas and equipment;
- Clinic non-sick and sick visits are separated during the day, to minimize a well individual’s exposure to illness;
- Our COVID-19 HOTLINE number is 940-564-5750.”
“We have been part of our community’s healthy for over 110 years.”