Olney High School receives excellence ranking by US News & World Report
According to the recent release of High School rankings, Olney High School ranks as number 290 in Texas and 3351 nationwide. This reports that Olney High School has achieved a ranking that is far above schools of all sizes served by the Region 9 service area.
U.S News & World Report has released the 2021 Best High Schools rankings for those whose students demonstrated outstanding outcomes above expectations in math and reading state assessments, earned qualifying scores in an array of college-level exams, and graduated in high proportions. Approximately 17,860 public high schools were ranked out of nearly 24,000 reviewed.
For Texas and national rankings, the following are ranking indicators and the weights used to produce the overall score:
• College Readiness (30%) based on the proportion of a school’s 12th graders taking an earning a qualifying score on Advanced Placement exams
• College Curriculum Breadth (10%) included AP classwork and exam content areas of English, math, computer science, sciences, world languages/cultures, history and social science, and arts
• Math and Reading proficiency (20%) scores compared with other schools in the state
• Math and Reading performance (20%) scores derived from state assessments and compared with predicted demographic characteristics
• Underserved Student Performance (10%)
• Graduation Rate (10%) based on the proportion of students graduating within 4 years