A house on Galloway Street was destroyed by a fire late Sunday, May 18. The structure fire was reported via 911 call at 10:48 p.m.
“Nobody lived there,” said Ron Keeter, chief of the Olney Volunteer Fire Department. “It had no electricity and no gas.”
Keeter said the previous resident of the home at 1309 Galloway had moved out, but that people had been in the home earlier on Sunday.
High wind that night caused major complications with the fire, which authorities were unable to keep from spreading to a neighboring home on the north side.
(For more of this story, check out this week's edition)